28 Jun GIVEAWAY: How To Avoid Uneven Tan Lines And Sunburn From Sunglasses — Use Foundation To Match Tanned Skin On Face
While you’re having fun this summer, you most likely will be taking the proper sun safety precautions: wearing sunscreen, a hat, shades. But don’t forget that by wearing your favorite sun-protecting accessories, like sunglasses, they might cause some embarrassing and unnecessary tan lines!
Read on to find out how to protect your skin this summer, by avoiding the reverse raccoon eye, with the best ways to prevent your shades from causing uneven sunburns. Just look what happened to poor Kim Kardashian when she fell asleep on the beach with her sunglasses on!
Learn how to protect your eyes from UVA/UVB rays with the shades available at LensCrafters —> HERE!
1. First, apply sunscreen with at least a SPF 30, like Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($9.49), on your entire face to greatly reduce the amount of sun you will get. Using a broad-spectrum sunscreen such as Ultra Sheer, which blocks both UVA and UVB rays, will help make your tan lines minimal.
2. Next, watch the clock. Make sure you are reapplying every two hours, and immediately after swimming
· When reapplying, use a higher SPF on the parts of your face not covered by the glasses. For example, use an SPF 50+, like Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 ($9.49), on the part of the face not covered and your SPF 30 on the parts that are covered.
We compiled the 30 Best Sunscreens to use this summer! Find out if your favorite made the list —> HERE!
Even when your face is blocked by sunglasses, not all rays are necessarily being blocked by UVA and UVB rays – making reapplication even more important. Bumping up the SPF on the remainder of your face will provide additional protection on the parts that are not covered.
· Wide-brim hats and umbrellas will help, too!
3. Lastly, if you do get the unfortunate reverse raccoon eye, use a foundation that matches your tanned skin around your eyes. Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($12.49) is the perfect solution: its lightweight, silky formula creates flawless coverage.
Find out the 6 Best Summer 2013 Makeup Collections to go with your aviators, cat-eye or wide-rim sunglasses —> HERE!
GIVEAWAY RULES ——> BeautyStat is giving away Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup and Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreens (SPF 30 & 55) to 3 lucky winners! To enter, comment down below and tell us if you’ve ever experienced some embarrassing tan lines before! This applies ONLY to U.S. residents, sorry!
****************WINNERS ALERT: Congratulations Jenna, Kimberly and Roxy! We just contacted all of you to let you know that you won. If you did not win, be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter below so that you don’t miss our upcoming giveaways!
Have any of you lovely ladies received some pretty nasty, and uneven, tan lines? Has anyone ever done a Kimmie and left their sunglasses on for too long?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.