18 Nov Tutorial, Review, Ingredients: How To Make A DIY Holiday Bath Bomb With Indie Lee – The Skincare Benefits Of Peppermint Oil
Candy canes may be great for stuffing stockings, adorning trees or a sweet snack, but the minty holiday staple can also be incorporated into your beauty routine. Peppermint oil contains minerals and nutrients including iron, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A and C, and is soothing to the skin. Always wanted to create your own bath bomb? Now you can!
How Can Baking Soda Benefit Your Beauty Routine: Get Glowing Skin, DIY Manicure/Pedicure Treatment, Brighten Teeth, Deep-Clean Hair
Indie Lee has created a holiday-themed bath bomb recipe, which makes for a great hostess gift or stocking stuffer. The secret ingredients to the all-natural recipe are baking soda and citric acid, which will make the bombs fizz up like a glass of champagne once you drop them in the bathtub!
1 c. baking soda
½ c. citric acid
2 tbsp. jojoba oil
5 drops of peppermint essential oil
5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
5 drops of lemon essential oil
1 tbsp. witch hazel
1. Before you start the DIY, make sure you have a fun holiday mold or tin to shape your bombs in. You could also use cookie cutters and parchment paper.
2. Combine baking soda and citric acid in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle in jojoba oil, followed by essential oils. Mix well until you have a smooth mixture.
3. Slowly drizzle witch hazel into the mixture, constantly stirring to stop the ingredients from fizzing.
4. Once all of the ingredients are moist enough to clump together, firmly press the mixture into your molds.
5. Allow the bombs to dry for 3-4 hours before removing them from the molds.
Recipe will make 6-10 bath bombs, depending on size of mold.
6. Add 1-2 bath bombs to a warm bath and enjoy! Use within three months. Store in an airtight container.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Now that you beauties know how to make your own bath bomb, will you be giving these out for the holidays?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.