17 Sep Review, Ingredients: 7 Best Cooling Shower, Foot And Leg Treatments To Soothe Tired, Sore Muscles And Boost Microcirculation
After a long and vigorous workout, our body is often left sore and aching thanks to pesky microcirculation. To give our sore muscles a break, products containing “cooling agents” can give you that fast relief you deserve. And although it’s not medically proven to treat swelling as a whole, it can make a huge difference when you’re reeling in pain.
Mio Skincare – Workout Wonder Muscle Gel, Liquid Yoga Restorative Bath Soak, The Activist Firming Body Oil, Get Waisted, Boob Tube
“When people have leg swelling, it’s often caused by a health problem with larger vessels,” explains Cosmetic Dermatologist Dr. Dina D Strachan. “Yes, cooling products can produce a relieving sensation, but it seems like these products are more cosmetic or experiential. Products make all different kinds of claims, so I cannot confirm that there is a definite medical effect.”
To give your bod that boost of cool, we’ve handpicked 6 favorites which will have you saying ooh! and ahh! in no time. From shower gels to foot treatments, pack these inside your gym bag next time you break a sweat.
1. Basq Energizing Body Gel: Aloe is known for its healing properties, as it calms inflammation, flights swelling and promotes skin healing. Apply some onto your legs after a long run, or rub some on a sore back or overheated skin.
2. Nip + Fab Post Workout Fix: A cooling blend of menthol and camphor cools, refreshes and revives sore muscles. So be sure to use this post-workout essential to revive sore and stiff muscles, fast!
3. Temple Spa (Distributed By Gilchrist & Soames) AAAHHH!: Dandelion extract and menthol work together to cut down swelling and reduce fluid retention. Easily used on both legs and feet, you just met your new, go-to lifesaver.
4. Le Couvent des Minimes Leg Soothing Fluid: Ivy and red vine (combined with 7 plants selected for their beneficial properties), work together to help boost leg microcirculation after a long day of walking or hiking. Start applying at the ankle and massage upwards to soothe heavy legs.
5. The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Leg Gel: Peppermint oil is synonymous with that “refreshing boost” feel. So after a long day of running around town, treat your legs to this cooling gel, which wards away foul-smelling odors while promoting necessary skin circulation.
6. Herbacin Foot Care Cooling Gel: Talk about a multitasker! Vasoactive ingredients like red vine leaves and chestnuts improve leg circulation, while menthol cools feet instantly.
7. LUSH Dirty Springwash Shower Gel: A total upgrade on your usual shower gel, spearmint oil gives your aching (and overheated!) body that necessary boost of chill and balance.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Do any of you beauties need a refreshing boost after a long day of running around? Which items will you be using tonight?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Courtney Leiva | Follow Courtney on Twitter @CourtneyLeiva
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.