20 Jan Cosmetic Chemist Skincare Review, Ingredients: KIEHL’S Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate 12.5% Vitamin C
Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
50 ml/1.7 oz $62, 75 ml/2.5 oz $81, 100 ml/3.4 oz $104
Vitamin C has always been considered to be one of the most trusted anti-aging ingredients used in beauty products. And we are seeing many brands launch Vitamin C containing products lately, so it makes sense that KIEHL’S has revamped their popular product by boosting the level of Vitamin C to 12.5%. Kieh’s provided a product sample for review purposes and I put this product to the test.
This new formula is Kiehl’s largest formula renovation in its 166 years. The goal for this renovation was to make an already great formula even better, and Kiehl’s did so in two ways:
- By increasing the amount of Vitamin C in the formula to 12.5%
- By adding hyaluronic acid
Kiehl’s adjusted the innovative, water-free PLSRC formula to solubilize and stabilize even more Vitamin C within the formula in the form of Vitamin Cg for improved efficacy.
Here’s a closer look at the ingredients!
- 12.5% Vitamin C
- 10.5% Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid)
- When used as part of a topical skincare routine, this ingredient is known to contribute to helping diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while visibly improving skin’s radiance and texture.
- 2% Vitamin Cg (Ascorbyl Glucoside)
- This ingredient is activated once it absorbs into the upper layers of the skin’s surface and is used in skincare products targeted to boost visible wrinkle reduction over time.
- In addition to being an essential vitamin in our diets and a prominent antioxidant Vitamin C is an efficacious topical skincare ingredient.
- Fragmented hyaluronic acid is a fast-absorbing, small sized class of hyaluronic acid and is famous for its ability to hold up to 1000 its weight in water. It acts like a sponge by drawing moisture in to the skin’s surface layers and expanding as it absorbs. It’s commonly used in skincare products that are targeted to visibly reduce lines and refine wrinkle texture.
This product has various benefits for anti-aging, radiance, and skin texture. It will reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep set wrinkles, visible improve skin brightness, and provide visible and tactile improvement of the skin’s surface quality.
After 89 trials, and years of perfecting, Kiehl’s best-selling formula is even better and provides even faster results than the original version – here’s the clinical results to show it! The new formula outperformed the original for a number of attributes:
- After 2 weeks of using the product, the new formula outperformed the original in the reduction of the appearance of facial lines.
- After 4 weeks of using the product, the new formula outperformed the original in the improved appearance of skin texture.
- After 8 weeks of using the product, the new formula outperformed the original in the appearance of forehead wrinkles.
I love the fact that KIEHL’S has clinical testing results that show the new formula works even better than the original for the reduction of lines and wrinkles. And the addition of Hyaluronic Acid should help deliver more skin moisturization. The formula is a lightweight lotion that absorbs quickly and leaves skin feeling hydrated.
You can purchase all products reviewed and mentioned on BeautyStat.com!
Do you use Vitamin C regularly in your skincare routine? Have you tried this product from Kiehl’s?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Ron Robinson, BeautyStat Founder, Cosmetic Chemist
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.