14 May CEW Global Cosmetics, Makeup, Skincare Industry Consumer Trends 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Future Focus: Long Beauty
On May 5, CEW held the second New York Global Trend Reports event of the year, Future Focus: Long Beauty. Cosmetic Executive Women, Inc. (CEW) is a global, nonprofit professional organization with 8,000 global members, both men and women, from over 2,500 companies in the beauty and related industries. CEW leads the conversation in beauty, addressing topics that are shaping the future of the industry and provides unparalleled access to industry influencers and thought leaders.
Today’s global consumer is undergoing a dramatic shift from a desire for immediate gratification to a focus on long-term, sustainable beauty and well-being. What are the implications for the beauty industry and how can companies best respond? That’s the subject of the New York Global Trend Reports event of the year.
“We are seeing a global shift in the way consumers view overall health, beauty and wellness and that has a big impact on the beauty industry,” said Carlotta Jacobson, President of CEW. “We’re excited to partner with The Future Laboratory for a second year to share proprietary findings that will help prepare our members for what is next in beauty.”
Long Beauty Toolkit:
- Go Long-Near. 100-year life spans will produce consumers who expect brands to provide long-term products and profits
- Build Body Temples. Combine holistic beauty and wellness opportunities that are comprised of more than just a perfect physique
- Think Brain Boosters. Develop smart products and potions to optimize mind and body across every demographic
- Channel Upstream Wellness. Think pre-emptive and be proactive
- Enable Beauty Hackers. Allow savvy consumers to blend and hack their own products
- Get cellular. Cater for the growing consumer desire for beauty that offers bespoke solutions at a molecular level
- Provide Whole-system Beauty. Long-living consumers will demand products that truly work – and are kind to the planet
For information about CEW membership, visit cew.org.
(Photos courtesy of Patricia Willis Photography)
What do you think are the implications for the beauty industry and how can companies best repsond ?
Let us know by commenting below. Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.