14 Aug Giveaway, Review, Photos, Swatches, Lip Color Trends 2017, 2018: National Lipstick Day, Best Shades From Day Time to Date Night
*GIVEAWAY ALERT* Win three L’Oréal Paris Lip Paint Liquid Lipsticks ($30 value) in our Giveaway below! Three lucky winners will be randomly drawn from the entries received in this BeautyStat Giveaway (scroll down for the entry form). Increase your luck by visiting BeautyStat daily to enter this giveaway again!
You don’t have to worry about your lipstick wiping off today, National Lipstick Day,with Cargo Cosmetics Swimmables Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick! This best-selling lipstick is an ultra-matte liquid mixture that will stay on all day, but will also feel so comfortable on your lips! The lightweight formula will dry fast, leaving a suede like finish without flakes or cracks. If you’re looking for a shade to wear during the daytime, check out Cape Town, a nude lipstick with pink undertones that is a best-seller. ($18, CargoCosmetics.com)
For a more adventurous look for a date night on the town, try the shade Sorrento, inspired by the Italian seaside town. No matter the occasion, this dark berry colored lipstick, will last throughout the night! ($18, CargoCosmetics.com)
With over 23.5 million daily lipstick try-ons and over 710 million total lipstick try-ons since its launch in 2013, YouCam Makeup scoured their millions of users to reveal what’s trending:
- Matte’s a fact: With nearly 50% of all lipstick try ons being matte lipstick (350 million YouCam user try-ons to be exact), it’s clear that a matte lip finish remains a fan favorite. Sheer lip finishes accounted for over 30% (220 million) of all lipstick try-ons, with satin finish following at 17% (over 125 million satin lip try-ons).
- Millennial pink is here to stay: The generation-defining, berry pink lip color has earned its signature name for a reason, with over 4 million in-app try-ons in 2017 revealing it’s the top lip color in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Color picks across the globe: Bright pink lip colors dominate across the United States and Europe, while Korea shows a much darker, redder color palette
- Two-toned lips are trending: While ombre trends were on the rise last year with over 12 million ombre try-ons, the rapid increase in two-toned lip color trials spotlights an evolving trend in the industry
- Fall lip picks: “Matte has dominated the lipstick world for several years now, but heading into the fall/winter season, we are going to see a return to a wider variety of finishes,” notes Robin Black, celebrity makeup artist and founder of the cult blog, BeautyIsBoring.com, and Instagram, @BeautyIsBoring_. “Get ready for satin, high sheen, patent leather and even dramatic lacquered finishes!”
What better way to celebrate National Lipstick Day than recreating gorgeous looks from fan-favorite, revolutionary makeup brush brand, BrushCraft by Artis, with help from BITE Beauty – they’ve partnered together to create gorgeous options to achieve the perfect pout!
If you’re in search of the perfect lip for happy hour with friends or a night on the town, we’ve got what you need to create an ultra-luxe, bitten lip color:
- Using the Bite packaging doe-foot applicator, dab BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Supreme to the center of the lips.
- Using the BrushCraft by Artis Circle 1R, layer the BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask over color, and glide the brush across the lips to feather the layers out towards the edge of the lips, without creating a hard line.
- To achieve a more intense color payoff, choose a deeper shade of the BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick and apply the flat side of the wand directly to the BrushCraft by Artis Circle 1R fibre bundle.
- Dab the brush to the center of your top and bottom lip until you achieve the look you desire. And voila, gorgeous lips to celebrate this glorious holiday!
L’Oréal Paris campaign #READMYLIPS launches today! To celebrate the launch of the new L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Matte Lipstick, the brand is leveraging National Lipstick Day to showcase that people’s lips can be bold in more ways than one.
Today everyone is invited to take part by uploading a bold lip selfie on social media accompanied by their own bold words – whether helping to advance an important message, championing a cause or sharing an inspirational quote. The campaign aims to elevate conversations surrounding the day and brings to life the brand’s belief that all people have something worthy to say.
The brand’s celebrity spokeswomen along with brand experts will help kick-off the conversation by showing off their favorite lip shade and sharing empowering messages on social media. L’Oreal Paris will also elevate select consumer posts on their own global social channels and showcase both the bold looks and meaningful sentiments people are expressing, helping to inspire and encourage others.
And we can’t get enough of the L’Oréal Paris Lip Paint Liquid Lipsticks!
Ready, set, pout! FLiRT Cosmetics has you set to celebrate National Lipstick Day, with their extensive range of lip products. This year, the brand’s newest launch, MUVA Mouth Matte Liquid Lipstick has got everyone talking, especially FLiRT Ambassadors, Amber Rose and makeup artist, Priscilla Ono.
Co-created by the helpful hands of these two lipstick junkies, MUVA Mouth Matte Liquid Lipstick, is a new curated collection of six matte liquid lipsticks that create a no-fuss, long-lasting pout that leaves lips feeling moisturized all National-Lipstick-Day-long.
Ahead of the most glam holiday on the calendar, Amber Rose and Priscilla Ono sat down to let us know why their most recent launch is the best lipstick for them, why they love National Lipstick Day and what the iconic beauty products means to them:
- For me lipstick is my go-to. Even if I’m not wearing any other makeup, I cannot leave my house without lipstick. It’s my thing!
- Wearing lipstick always makes me feel sexy. I love the look of super full lips and experimenting with different colors. Just walking in the room with kissable lips is the ultimate attention grabber.
- Whether I’m wearing a sultry red or a sleek nude, just a simple swipe of lipstick makes my look feel complete and polished.
- With so many options out there, a good liquid matte lipstick can be hard to find. MUVA Mouth has been a life-saver because of its thinner yet super pigmented formula, the product lasts all day and doesn’t crack, as many do.
- The formula of MUVA Mouth is so pigmented so that you don’t have to continuously layer throughout the day which keeps it from becoming clumpy.
- I love using MUVA Mouth’s long wand, as it has a pointed tip so you can use it to really line the lips and create a finished look.
Are you a fan of amazing quality makeup for great prices? Look no further. Rimmel London has done it again! Rimmel London has released Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours, $5.49! And trust me when I say… they’re fabulous!
There’s a large variety of shades to choose from. I have three shades: Midnight (deep purple berry), Blush (mid-toned pink), and Moca (warm neutral). The shade I’m wearing in the photograph is Moca!
Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colors delivers high intensity color with a velvety matte finish from the very first stroke! These lip products last up to 12 hours and are kiss-proof, touch-proof, and waterproof! They are also unbelievably comfortable and have a lightweight texture.
The wand is a flat doe foot applicator and the actual formula of the lip product is very mousse-like. It’s not like other liquid lipsticks which are more of a liquid texture. It applies evenly and the color is definitely bold! The dry down on these lipsticks is not like any other lipstick I’ve experienced. They don’t crack or get super dry. More importantly, they don’t leave your lips feeling dehydrated either. If you look at the photograph of the swatches, the product had not completely dried down yet. These do take a little bit longer to dry on your lips but that isn’t an issue for me. It literally does feel like there is nothing on your lips once they are completely dry.
They do not smudge or come off! After about 6 hours, I noticed a little bit of wear in the inner portion of my lips but the remaining portions of my lips had full on color still. The formula is super comfortable. I’m really enjoying these products and for $5.49 each, you really can’t beat that.
There are shades for everyone in this line, including hot pinks, grey, black, and even blue! Be sure to stop at the Rimmel London section in your drugstore or check out Rimmel London at Ulta. If you pick one of these up, you’re going to fall in love with the formula! Overall, I’m giving these Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours five stars!
Enter BeautyStat’s L’Oréal Paris Lip Paint Liquid Lipsticks Giveaway
So you can enjoy the brilliant colors of L’Oréal Paris Lip Paint Liquid Lipsticks, we’re hosting a GIVEAWAY for 3 winners to win three lipsticks. Official Rules are found at the bottom of the entry form under “Terms and Conditions”. Fill out the form below or enter here on this mobile-friendly entry form before this giveaway ends on September 14.
L’Oréal Paris Lip Paint Liquid Lipsticks Giveaway
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
What is your favorite lipstick brand/shade?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Editor in Chief
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.