06 Jun How To: Reverse Eyeliner Trend with Deck of Scarlet
Instagram’s latest trending makeup look is the Reverse Eyeliner Trend. Today we’ll be showing you how to achieve this look quickly and easily with some new products from Deck of Scarlet. If you’re not familiar, the Reverse Eyeliner Trend involves applying liner to the bottom lash line, creating an electrifying, spectacular look.
Like the ever-expanding universe, the effects you can create with this double-ended liquid liner are endless. One end houses a classic inky noir, while the other is packed with a galactic duo chrome that shifts in shade depending on where the light hits. This eyeliner creates professional looking, thick or thin lines in a flash without skipping or tugging. The transfer proof formula won’t smudge, crack, bleed, or fade.
- Hydrolyzed Keratin – lifts lashes at the root, making them appear fuller and thicker, and increases volume and elasticity of lashes
- Lash-Loving Peptides – stimulates keratin production, visibly improves eyelash volume, and enhances overall density of eyelash
- Panthenol – B vitamin that works in symbiosis with keratin to strengthen and fortify lashes, and hydrates the lashes and protects from breakage
The Dual Drama Liquid Eyeliner is also a favorite of Celebrity Makeup Artist and Deck of Scarlet Brand Partner, Etienne Ortega. He helped the brand launch the product and he has also done the looks of celebrities such as Christina Aguilera, Eva Longoria, Kendall, Kylie, and Kris Jenner.
- Use the bold black side of the Dual Drama Liquid Eyeliner, Dark Matter, to create a cate eye that is thin on the inner corner, and gets thicker towards the outer corner
- Next, use the Interstellar shade on the inner part of the eye right above the black liner and along the inner bottom lash line
- Follow this up with Retrograde on the top and bottom of the black liner on the outer part of the eye
- To finish the eye, add four small dots using Dark Matter right above the Retrograde shade to give it in an intergalactic look
- Spray the Mistake Proof Blush in Relentless onto the back of your hand then pick it up with the Double Take Face Brush and add this to the high points of your cheeks with the angled end and blend outward with the fluffy end
- To complete the look, apply Threeway Solid Lip Oil in Nude Ambition to your lips for a touch of natural color to keep the focus on your gorgeous eye look
You can purchase all products reviewed and mentioned on BeautyStat.com!
What are your favorite Instagram beauty trends?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Dawn Santamarina, Managing Editor
You can follow Dawn on Instagram @missdawn1012
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.