31 Jan Get The 2014 Superbowl XLVIII Makeup Looks: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos – White Lids, Navy Liner Cat-Eye/Smoky Navy Eyes, Orange Lip: Trends
Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos… Did I really just mention two sports teams? Yes, I did. This weekend is the 2014 Superbowl XLVIII, and what better way to show our support than by sporting the colors of the team we are rooting for. Personally, the only time I watch football is when my boyfriend bribes me with wings and cheese fries, so I am using the upcoming game to just wardrobe my face in some fun colors.
If you aren’t familiar with the team colors, let me fill you in. The Denver Broncos’ colors are orange and navy blue. The Seattle Seahawks’ colors are bright green, blue and silver. My friends over at Palladio and glo minerals supplied me with some makeup to create my Superbowl-inspired looks.
I chose to do a smoky blue and green look for the the Seahawks; I love the way navy compliments my brown eyes. For the Broncos look, I wanted to incorporate the winter chill in New Jersey with the Broncos colors. I did a shimmery white lid with a a precise line in navy blue. I finished this look off with a pop of orange on my lips. Read on to see which look you’ll be sporting come Sunday!
Seattle Seahawks Look:
MAC 217, 252
(I believe the blending brush I used from MAC was discontinued, but you can use any tapered blending brush.)
1. Using your finger, apply the blue sparkle eyeliner as your base.
2. Using the MAC 252 Brush, apply the Blue Suede Eye Shadow from lash line to below the crease. Using a tapered blending brush, blend the eyeshadow so there are no harsh lines.
3. Using the MAC 217 Brush, apply Jewel Blue on the inner corners of the eyes and blend into Blue Suede. Take the Jewel Blue slightly into the crease.
4. Apply the Blue Sparkle Eyeliner underneath the lower lash line.
5. Apply the Navy eyeliner in the inner rims of the eyes.
6. Apply your mascara.
7. Move on to your face routine.
8. Finish with your lips.
1. Using your finger, apply the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion as your base.
2. Using the MAC 252 Brush, apply the Pigment Beguile on the lid. Since this is a pigment, a dense brush is best.
3. Next, apply Soft Matte in the crease using the MAC 217 Brush. Afterwards, use the tapered blending brush to buff out the color.
4. Liner time! Create a thin line at first. It is always easier to go thicker. Create a flick at the end to create a cat-eye effect.
5. Apply the Pigment Beguile on the inner corners of the eyes to create a highlight effect. Then add a little more to the lid to make it stand out.
6. Apply the navy eyeliner under the lower lash line and use your finger to smudge it.
7. Apply your mascara.
8. Move on to your face routine.
9. Finish with your lips.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
So, which makeup look will you be wearing this Superbowl Sunday? We wanna know!
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Nicole Iannitti, makeup artist | Visit her website at www.eyelovecosmetics.com
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.