19 Sep Best Makeup Trends, Looks: NYFW Spring/Summer 2017, All About The Eyes, Vibrant Eyeliner, Eyeshadow
For Marc Jacobs, “We matched the color of the eye makeup to the clothes and hair and created six different beauty looks using pastel colors. Lashes were applied to help define the eye, the face was kept clean with little makeup and the brows were brushed up and natural.”
—François Nars, Founder & Creative Director
FACE: Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Soft Matte Complete Concealer (New for Spring 2017, for now try Radiant Creamy Concealer), Soft Velvet Loose Powder
EYE LOOK 1 – PURPLE: Desdemona Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow, Phoebe Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow
EYE LOOK 2 – PINK: Desdemona Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow, Phoebe Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow, Callisto Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow
EYE LOOK 3 – SILVER: Lysithea Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow, Interstellar Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow
EYE LOOK 4 – GREEN: The right side of Earth Angel Duo Eyeshadow, Tarvos Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow
EYE LOOK 5 – BLUE: Grande-Large Velvet Shadow Stick (New for Spring 2017, for now try Khao San Road Larger Than Life Eyeliner), the left side of Habanero Duo Eyeshadow
EYE LOOK 6 – COPPER: Mediteranee Duo Eyeshadow, Isolde Duo Eyeshadow, Persia Matte Eyeshadow
LIPS: Triple X Lip Gloss
The Augment make up team, brought a elegant touch to the edgy face tattoo trend at the Dan Liu SS ’17 show.
Alison Jade Cosmetics completed the look with tribal chic at the Sally Skoufis presentation show.
“There were three looks in this show,” says Griselle Rosario, Head MUA at the Laurel DeWitt SS17 show. “One was a clean, fresh no makeup look. The second was a nude lip with an explosion of color on the eyes created with fragments of reflective, metallic pieces. The third was a nearly bare eye with deep lips and metallic confetti celebrating the beginning of spring.”
- “For the models wearing the explosion of color on their eyes, I covered the whole lid with the Swimmables Eye Pencils in Dorado Beach. Once these pencils set they are on for the day!”
- “I lined the eye with the Grey Lake Pencil and added a few layers of the Boundless Lashes Mascara.”
- “Then for the fun part: we added a layer of the Umbria Lip Gloss for sheen and then carefully placed fragments of metallic pieces in various colors to the lash line and outer corner of the eye up to the brow.”
- “For this look the eye stayed nearly bare so I simply had my artists line the top lash line and apply two layers of Boundless Lashes Mascara.”
- “We then filled in the entire lip with the Swimmables Water Resistant Eye Pencils in Karon Beach (Plum) cleaning up the sides with the Secret Beach Pencil (Nude).”
- “We added the Umbria Lip Gloss and placed the metallic pieces on the lip to give the illusion of wet, shattered stained glass lips as they walked down the runway.”
“Modernizing the way we wear eyeliner, this season for Phillip Lim we played with the shape and left negative space on the eyes. Makeup is meant to look as though the girls danced the night away and their eyeliner stayed perfectly intact.”
—Francelle Daly for NARS Cosmetics
FACE: NARSskin Luminous Moisture Cream, NARSskin Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer, NARSskin Total Replenishing Eye Cream, Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Soft Matte Complete Concealer (New for Spring 2017, for now try Radiant Creamy Concealer), Stick Concealer, Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder, Rigel Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow
EYES: Carpates Eyeliner Stylo, Minorque Kohliner, Audacious Mascara
BROWS: Brow Perfector, Oural Brow Gel
“I am so excited to be using my Estée Lauder makeup in my show this season. The starting point for my new makeup collection was beautiful skin—and I’ve stayed true to that with the beauty look for the SS17 show. The makeup really reflects the assured free spirit of the Ready to Wear this season, so the use of color is quite carefree and applied in bold strokes across the eyes. Overall, the look doesn’t feel too perfect or considered.” – Victoria Beckham
Clean, fresh skin. Abstract freeform geometric color. The debut of the Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder makeup collection on Beckham’s SS17 runway showcased modern simplicity juxtaposed with a clash of color.
The featured products from the Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder limited edition collection included Morning Aura Illuminating Creme, Highlighter in Modern Mercury, Eye Kajal Duo in Black Saffron/Vanille and the six-shade Eye Palette.
The versatile Eye Palette served as the star of the show, yielding a range of three signature eye looks that lent a subtle edge to the fresh, dewy skin: A wash of shimmering nude, blending the shades Blonde Cumin and Metal Saffron together on the center of the lid, while Burnished Sage, the palette’s burnt metallic intense green, and Fired Sapphire, a shocking metallic blue, were both painted free form across the lid.
Look description: A fresh, modern girl with a slight edge — each look is worn in different ways, from clean, nude skin to a clash of color.
Step 1: Clean skin with Take It Away Makeup Remover Lotion
Step 2: Apply Revitalizing Supreme + Global Anti-Aging Wake Up Balm all over skin
Step 3: Smooth Morning Aura Illuminating Creme all over the face
Step 4: Apply a thin layer of Double Wear Light all over
Step 5: Apply Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear concealer where needed
Step 6: Apply Perfecting Loose Powder where needed
Step 7: Glide a light layer of Sumptuous Extreme Mascara through lashes
Step 8: Accentuate cheekbones with a swipe of Modern Mercury highlighter
Step 9: Line inner lashlines with Eye Kajal Duo, using just the Vanille shade
Step 10: 1 of 3 eye looks:
- Geometric blue: Fired Sapphire from the Eye Palette, applied freeform across the lid
- Geometric green: Burnished Sage from the Eye Palette, also applied freeform across the lid
- Nude: Blonde Cumin and Metal Saffron from the Eye Palette, blended together in center of the lid
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Will you give any of these eye makeup looks a try?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer