16 Jul Spring, Summer, Fall Hairstyle Trends 2015, 2016, 2017: How To Get Sleek Chignons, Top Knots, Waterfall Braids, Updo Looks
To add to the drama of Dolce & Gabbana’s Couture show, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a variety of sleek chignons and knots to anchor the designer’s stunning headpieces.
“The hair for Dolce & Gabbana was dependent on the headpiece made for each girl. I prepped the hair with Redken’s guts 10, and then created a center part before styling various types of chignons, loose Sicilian knots, braided knots and loose buns.” – Guido
Get the look:
1. Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 Volumizing Spray-foam Mousse to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
3. Blow dry hair smooth using a flat brush.
4. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Braid Aid 08 Braid Defining Lotion from mid-lengths to ends of hair.
5. Twist the length of the hair into a knot or chignon and secure with small hair pins.
6. Finish with a thorough mist of Redken Control Addict 28 high control hairspray for extra hold.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Do you love adding accessories to your hair? What do you think of the looks from Dolce & Gabbana?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.