05 Nov Hairstyle Trends 2016, 2017: Dove Love Your Curls Emojis, Best Memes For Curly, Textured Hair
There are two types of people in this world- those who use emojis and those who don’t. I personally use as many as is socially acceptable, but hey that’s just me. Have you ever taken a close look at your Emoji keyboard and noticed that one very popular hair type is missing? If you are part of the 1 in 3 women in the U.S. with curly hair, chances are you have.
Dove Hair has put an end to this #CurlyHairProb by launching the Dove Love Your Curls Emojis. This is an extension of Dove Hair’s Love Your Curls mission, and is a Global launch with a purpose – to help women and girls embrace and love their curls by ensuring they see accurate reflections of their hair in their everyday lives.
Did you know:
- 1 in 3 women in the U.S. have curly hair, and 74% of people in the U.S. report using Emojis daily. Yet there continues to be no representation of curly hair available in the Unicode Emoji keyboard.
- While Emojis are diversifying (as evidenced by the last update), there is still a “one size fits all” for hair – straight and sleek, the traditional beauty ideal. Reports on the next round of Emojis to be added to the official keyboard still do not include curly hair, either.
- Knowing it takes extensive time to petition Unicode to update its keyboard, Dove Hair will offer an immediate solution for all of the curly women and girls who currently have no accurate representation of their hair when “speaking” in the increasingly common social language of Emojis.
Here’s how to get the Dove Love Your Curls Emojis:
- Additionally, Dove Hair will kick off a partnership with Twitter, so every time someone tweets #LoveYourCurls, a curly Emoji will automatically appear within the tweet right after the hashtag.
- Girls are growing up in a world of technology, but 3 in 5 women say they cannot accurately depict how they look using emojis
- 82% of curly-haired women say they would like to see more female emoji options depicting what their hair looks like
- 72% of curly-haired women want to use an emoji that looks like them when expressing emotions via text
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using BeautyStat.com.
Are you a curly-haired gal, what do you think of the new emojis?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.