07 Aug Hairstyle Trends 2016, 2017, 2018: How To Get Deep Side Parts, Jason Wu, Thakoon Fall/Winter 2015 By Kérastase
Can you believe Fall is right around the corner? Well, we’ve got you covered with trends that you can look forward to seeing next season. Odile Gilbert for Kérastase Paris created stunning hair looks at the Jason Wu and Thakoon Fall/Winter 2015 shows at New York Fashion Week. And now we’ll show you how to achieve the looks at home.
TREND: SIDE PARTS
Whether deep and sleek or left loose, severe side parts gave hair a sophisticated twist on the Fall ’15 runways, from Donna Karan and Zac Posen to Jason Wu and Thakoon. The inspiration was sexy hair in a subtle way with natural ends and no volume at the crown. For the first time, Jason Wu’s models walked down the runway with their hair down!
TO GET THE LOOK
- On wet hair apply Kérastase Spray à Porter Buildable Texture Spray ,$36 from roots to ends and blow dry with a diffuser, using fingers to enhance natural texture without adding volume at the roots
- Part hair in the middle and use a curling iron to create waves in the mid-lengths of the hair, leaving the ends straight
- Apply Kérastase V.I.P. Dry Volumizing and Texturizing Spray, $37, to add texture
- Run fingers through the waves instead of brushing to create a natural look and finish with Kérastase Laque Dentelle Flexible Hold Hairspray, $37/300ML.
At Thakoon there was a natural, yet controlled look. The graphic elements featured in the collection are reflected in the hair’s part, which makes a “T” shape.
TO GET THE LOOK
- On wet hair, apply Kérastase Keratine Thermique, $43, from roots to ends and blow dry straight
- Create a deep, low center part that forms a “T” shape
- Section by section, blow dry the hair away from the part, moving from roots to ends while brushing in NEW! Kérastase Fix Fabulous, $37, for shine and control
- Create light texture by working V.I.P. Dry Volumizing and Texturizing Spray into the mid-lengths of the hair
- Finish with Kérastase Laque Dentelle Flexible Hold Hairspray and Kérastase Fibre Architecte, $43, to tame flyaways
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Are you a fan of the side part trend? Will you give these looks a try?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.