04 May Game Of Thrones Best Hairstyle Trends 2016, 2017: How To Get Knotted Fishtail Braid Updos, Loose Waves Spring, Summer 2015
The recent White House Correspondents’ Dinner gave us beautiful sweeping gowns and of course stunning hairstyles. Updos and loose waves were spotted on beauties Bethany Mota and Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner. Celebrity hairstylist and creator of the beloved Beachwaver, Sarah Potempa shows us how to get their looks.
Knotted Half Up Fishtail on Sophie Turner
- Step 1: Using the SARAHPOTEMPA Ceramic Styling Iron, $189, flat iron your hair from the root to the ends.
- Step 2: Part the hair down the center, spray your SARAHPOTEMPA On Set Styling Brush, $42, with a flexible hairspray and brush the left and the right side into a half up ponytail. Then pull the crown over and create a second half up ponytail.
- Step 3: Create two fishtail braids out of the two ponytails.
- Step 4: Knot the fishtail braids around each other to cover the elastics and secure with a bobby pin.
Double French Braided Updo on Bethany Mota
- Step 1: Using the SARAHPOTEMPA BEACHWAVER S1, $129, curl small sections to create texture on top.
- Step 2: Then separate the top section of hair and the bottom section by using the SARAHPOTEMPA Darby Clip, $16, to keep the top section secure.
- Step 3: Separate the bottom section of hair into even sections from the middle of the head. French braid each side and secure with a clear elastics.
- Step 4: Take the top section of hair and roll it into a bun using the SARAH POTEMPA Wrap Up Bun, $9.99, below. This tool is so easy and creates the perfect top knot without bobby pins!
- Step 5: Pin the French braids around the bun for a detailed back view.
Bethany Mota also wore a beautiful loose wave. The look is easier to re-create than you think!
- Step 1: Create a natural side part and section hair up with the SARAHPOTEMPA Darby clip.
- Step 2: Curl hair in 1″ sections using the SARAHPOTEMPA BEACHWAVER S1. Just clamp near the ends of the hair and press the arrow away from your face on both sides.
Note: Sarah used the SARAHPOTEMPA BEACHWAVER PRO, $199, which works best for the stylist, but the BEACHWAVER S1 rotating curling iron makes it easy to recreate Bethany’s look at home!
- Step 3: When curls have cooled, spray Aussie’s Sprunch Hairspray directly on the SARAHPOTEMPA On Set Styling Brush and gently brush out the curls. This step will soften the curls and give it a more relaxed look!
All of the products are available on SarahPotempa.com, Ulta.com, and Target.com.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, BeautyStat.com.
Will you give these cool new hairstyles a try ?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.