14 Sep Christian Siriano Beauty Spring 2010
A most spectacular show that gave rise to satins, shimmers and large brimmed hats, Siriano was easily the hit of the day.
Aveda did the hair for the show and the lookwas something along the lines of a Marie Antoinette movie: a low, sleek ponytail adorned with a textured bouquet of waves. The idea was to combine two textures: smooth and rough.
You’ll notice that there really are two textures to the hair: a sleek and groomed side, and a rough matte finish on top: and there are also textured waves pinned above the ponytail.
Here’s how to get the look:
* Step 1: Create a deep side part. Draw a horseshoe-shaped section of hair along the top of the head, from each brow-line. Isolate this section of hair and pin in place with a single-pronged hair clip.
* Step 2: Pull the bottom half of hair into a ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Divide ponytail into sections with fingers and spray with Aveda Air ControlTM Hair Spray for workable hold.
* Step 3: Use a flat iron to straighten the ponytail section by section, creating a smooth, sleek finish.
* Step 4: Unclip the top section of hair and comb it back and over the ponytail. Sprinkle Aveda Pure AbundanceTM Hair Potion and massage into hair to create volume and matte, rough texture.
* Step 5: Working with the same top section, divide hair into smaller pieces and spray with Aveda Air ControlTM Hair Spray. Wrap each piece of hair around a ceramic Curl Rod, creating spirals, until the entire top section of hair has been curled.
* Step 6: Brush through spirals, loosening curls into soft waves. Loosely backcomb waves to create fullness, volume and texture, and shorten the length of hair.
* Step 7: Pin the sides and ends of wavy hair against the head, close to the base of the ponytail. Hair is sculpted into a voluminous, undulating chignon adorning the ponytail.
* Step 8: Work Aveda Light ElementsTM Texturizing Creme into palms. Smooth hair along the sides of the head and above the ears to create a sleekness and shine.
* Step 9: Finish the look with Aveda Air ControlTM Hair Spray for shine and hold.