18 Sep Best Hairstyle Trends, Looks, NYFW Spring/Summer 2017, 2018, 2019: Sleek Chignon, Ponytails, Fishtail Braids
Zang Toi captivated audiences this evening with a stunning Spring/Summer 2017 collection inspired by a “Glorious Giverny Garden.” Using Macadamia Professional products, lead stylist Eiji Yamane created the “The Perfectly Parisian” hairstyle with an elegantly executed double chignon bun.
GET THE LOOK:
- Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion, section hair and blow dry.
- Part hair over the left eye moving diagonally to the right side of the head, stopping at the crown.
- Pull back into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck – pulling tightly to ensure the top of the head is smooth and sleek. Using a curling iron, curl the entire ponytail at once to give slight softness and movement.
- Separate ponytail into two sections. Take the left section and curling up; create a large hiding the curls of the newly defined loose bun. Secure with bobby pins and spray with Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray to lock in place.
- Repeat step 4 with the right section of the ponytail, to create a loose, chic double chignon.
- Using a comb, gently smooth out all hair that is pulled back one last time and apply Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream to tame any flyaways.
- To complete the look, liberally spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist for added shine and luster.
Enchanted mystic gardens and 18th century tarot cards inspired Stacey Bendet’s vision for the whimsical alice + olivia Spring/Summer 2017 Collection. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created the stunning one-of-a-kind hair looks that flawlessly accompanied the collection. “The collection is about the power of positivity and even though life sends us so many messages, it is all about how we interpret them – that is the beauty of the tarot card, it is totally interpretive,” said Stacey.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep damp hair with a generous amount of TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam through roots and lengths, and brush through for fluffy texture.
- Create a center part down to the nape of the neck, and use a 1¼” curling iron to make loose waves along the part for texture and volume. Lightly tease the surface of the roots to give added lift.
- Starting below the ears, create a fishtail braid along both sides of the head and fasten with elastics.
- Add additional elastics through mid-lengths of both braids to create more shape, wrap hair around all elastics.
- Using fingers, gently dishevel braids while pulling a few pieces out for an undone, wispy texture. Finish the look by lightly spraying TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Brushable Hold Hairspray all over for touchable hold that lasts.
For the Thakoon Fall 2016 show, “This look is inspired by American fashion magazine covers – a modernized, messy twist on the classic Chignon.” – Odile Gilbert, Kérastase Paris Consulting Hairstylist
GET THE LOOK:
- Completely saturate the hair with a spray bottle of water.
- Liberally apply Crème de la Crème all over the hair to create a “wet look”
- Pull all of the hair back, allowing face-framing pieces of the hair to fall in the front. For those that do not fall naturally, pull out two pieces of hair in the front
- Next, twist the hair into a messy chignon on the middle to top of the head. Secure with a black elastic and hair pins as necessary
- Spray Elixir Ultime Bi-Phase Spray Oil all over the hair for added shine and sleekness
- Finish the look by spritzing Spray-a-Porter all over the hair for added hold
All products are available on Kerastase-USA.com
Macadamia Professional International Creative Director and celebrity stylist, Giannandrea, kicked off NYFW with a showstopping high pony at Nicholas K SS ’17.
- Start with wet hair and apply Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion ($19.95; com) throughout the lengths to smooth and protect hair from heat styling. Blow-dry large sections straight with a large round brush.
- Brush all the hair upward to the top center of the crown. All the sides and back of the hair must direct very tightly to the top center.
- Pull hair into a ponytail, smoothing all sides as needed and secure with a strong hair elastic.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Tousled Texture Finishing Spray ($19.95, com) through length of the ponytail to create body and definition.
- Take a medium sized section from the back bottom of the ponytail. Wrap the section around the base of the elastic and spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray ($19.95; com) to help the hair stay in place. Create a tall, 3-inch thick band that covers the elastic. Use straight pins all around while wrapping and smoothing it in place.
- Lightly spray the top of the head with Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray ($19.95; com) and gently run hands over the hair to smooth flyaways.
- Brush the ponytail and spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist ($31.95; com) to achieve the ultimate finish and shine for a glamorous look.
Counterbalance was the inspiration behind Marissa Webb’s Spring/Summer 2017 Collection. It’s ornate without being fussy; there’s an edge to it but still something that can be pulled off with ease. This concept translates into the hair, makeup, and nail looks this season. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu was inspired to create two hair looks that are all about making an impression while still feeling like something you can do yourself. “The overall collection embodies an urban modern girl, with a laid back feel- it’s all about achievable drama,” said Marissa.
GET THE LOOK:
Parted Twist Ponytail:
- Prep damp hair with TRESemmé Extra Firm Control Mousse, and then blow dry using a paddle brush to smooth and encourage natural texture.
- Create a deep side part with a comb, then make a horizontal part from ear to ear and clip top half of the head away.
- Gather remaining hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and fasten with an elastic.
- Release top section of hair and begin twisting back one section at a time starting at the ear towards the ponytail. Wrap ends around elastic and secure with a bobby pin.
- Gently pull out wispy, face-framing pieces to soften the look and set the style with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Hold Hair Spray.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
What do you think of these hair trend looks from NYFW?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.