10 Feb 3 Top Valentine’s Day Hairstyle Trends: How To Get Big, Romantic, Sexy, Beautiful Textured, Waves
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you’ve got everything down; you know exactly where you’re going on your date and what you’ll be wearing. There is just one detail you cannot forget: gorgeous looking hair!
To ensure your hair looks stunning on this holiday of love, Scott and Jennifer Fontana, owners of Cristophe Salon Newport Beach, have three hot looks to perfectly compliment your romantic night in or out!
Hot Date Night/Going Out:
This look is big and sexy. Parted to one side or down the middle, this hot date look is accompanied by lots of beautiful, sexy waves and volume.
Products You Will Need:
The Scott Fontana Collection Volume Mist
One-inch curling iron or wand
Scott Fontana Collection Argan Oil Infused Nourishing Serum
Free Hair Spray with a light hold
Here are the steps for your hot date night hair:
– When you wake up, wash and condition your hair, then towel dry and run a detangler through it.
– Next, spray your roots with the Volume Mist and apply Max Mousse through the ends. Then, blow-dry your hair upside down, which creates a more voluminous look.
– Next, take a round brush and continue blow-drying your hair to smooth out the ends, but make sure not to brush your roots.
– Once your hair is fully dry, take your one-inch iron and start curling large sections of hair.
– Once you have curled all your hair, run your fingers through it to break up the curls and create movement. Using just a dime-size amount of Nourishing Serum, apply it to the ends of your hair with your fingers. This will give the hair incredible shine and calm done some of those flyaways.
– Flip your hair upside down and spray your roots to give it some extra hold. Flip your hair back and apply one last spritz to the front and you’re set!
– If you don’t have time to curl your hair in the morning when you leave for work, pull your hair into a ponytail on the top of your head. As you are getting ready to leave for your hot date, take it out of the ponytail, plug in your curling iron and curl your hair. Spritz with your travel-size hair spray and you have gone from serious to fun!
A Romantic Night In:
We call this the classic Hollywood glamour look. The main player is soft, beautiful waves that give your hair a 40’s style look. This style is versatile and can be worn with long or short hair. If you have long hair, pull part of it up so it becomes medium-short length and apply some soft waves. When you’re ready to turn up the heat and get your romance on, let your hair down and it turns into a long sexy soft classical look.
Products You Will Need:
Scott Fontana Collection Maximum Mousse
Free Hair Spray
You will also need a curling wand, small clips and a few bobby pins
Here are the steps for your romantic date night hair:
– In the morning, after washing and conditioning your hair, run a detangler through it.
– Apply Maximum Mousse to your whole head from the roots to the ends and then top with a small amount of Sweet Serum over the mousse.
– Next, flip your hair over and blow-dry it upside down for additional volume, using only your hands and fingers and then flip your hair back up and use a round brush to smooth out the ends.
– Using your curling wand (not curling iron), take big sections of hair, elevate it to the top of your head and wrap it around the curling wand with your fingers for approximately 45-seconds.
– Next, take your hair off the curling wand, keep it curled in your hand and using small bobby pins, clip the curl to your head. This will allow the curl to cool down and set.
– Repeat this process all over your head and once you have completed the curling and clipping, spray all the clipped curls very lightly. Let the spray dry for a minute then start removing all the clips from the curls.
– Spray a little Free Hair Spray on a natural boar bristle flat brush and starting at the top of your hair and brush your hair out through the ends. Inside tip: the spray on the brush will keep the hair together. Keep brushing it and running your fingers through the hair until you create those soft, sexy waves.
– To pin it up, take the hair at the bottom, wrap it around your fingers and pin it up underneath the hair on top, leaving some soft, long pieces around the face.
– Spray some Shine Spray over the entire head for shine and perfume, and finish it off with just a touch of Free Hair Spray.
– As you are getting ready to leave work, pull out your travel-size Free Working Hair Spray, curling wand and some bobby pins to freshen your look.
Night Out On The Town With Girlfriends:
This look features quick, light waves just around the face and on your ends. Nothing too big, it instead gives you a very natural night-out look.
Products You Will Need:
The Scott Fontana Collection Fresh Do Dry Shampoo
Locked Up Finishing Spray
a large one-and-a-half inch curling iron
Here are the steps for your night out hair:
– This style works better when the hair is a little dirty and not so soft, so if you can go without washing your hair the night before this hairstyle will hold better.
– In the morning, spray in the dry shampoo all over the entire head, from roots to ends. Take medium size sections, brush them out gently and with your curling iron curl the section by rolling it back towards the back of your head. To note, when creating this style it is not necessary to lift the hair up high while curling.
– Repeat the same steps in sections all around your face and the bottom of your hair in the back. If your hair is layered, be sure to curl the longer layers.
– After you have finished curling, run your fingers through the hair very lightly just to loosen the curls.
– Then, spray the curls and entire head with the Locked Up Finishing Spray so the curls hold and won’t fall out by the end of the night.
– For your quick touch-up at the office, you will need a travel-size of the Locked Up Finishing Spray and a one-and-a-half inch curling iron.
– Follow the step by step directions to create this look in the office bathroom. It’s a quick fix for a fun night out on the town with your girls.
For these and other great tips be sure to “Like” Cristophe Salon Newport Beach on Facebook and “Follow” them on Twitter! For more information about Cristophe Salon Newport Beach, please visit www.cristophenb.com.
How will you lovely ladies be wearing your hair this Valentine’s Day? Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.