09 Jan 2014 People’s Choice Awards, Makeup/Hairstyle Trends: Undone, Tousled Texture, The “Knothawk”, Long Bangs, Glowing Skin, LadyLike Of Lips Sandra Bullock, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Hudson
BeautyStat kicked off award show red carpet season by attending the P&G Red Carpet Glam event for the 2014 People’s Choice Awards last night! We were able to watch the award show LIVE with expert commentary from celebrity hairstylist Kylee Heath and celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine.
We chose our favorite looks and predicted some of this year’s best makeup and hairstyle trends! Read on to learn how to get the night’s best looks. from Nina Dobrev’s “knothawk” to the new lip-lined, colored and glossed lip trend!
SLEEK MEETS SOFT
This season we will be seeing a lot of contrast in texture. Mixed patterns and change in fabric is very in. It is important that the hair reflects this trend without being overwhelming. Think hard side part with a messy, undone texture or sleek middle part into a messy pony or bun.
USE: Pantene Damage Detox Daily Revitalizing Shampoo, Rebuilding Conditioner and Weekly Rehab Crème
It’s not a curl and it’s not really a wave, it’s a tousled bend and a great way to give a “cool” vibe to any look. This look can edge up a gown or add a whimsical twist to a dress with a lot of structure.
USE: Vidal Sassoon Repair Heat & Protect Shine Spray
Allison Williams (Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Bangs are in. Whether they are short and choppy or short and swooped. With all the texture in the fabrics, bangs can be a great soft or edgy addition to the face and look.
USE: Herbal Essence’s NAKED Volume Dry Shampoo
Naya Rivera (Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
Glowing skin is back in a major way after a decade of matte looks. Expect highlighted cheekbones, creamy skin and luminous décolletage, shoulders, arms and legs. Use only
cream-based products to create a natural flush, then strategically mattify the T-zone with an anti-shine product.
USE: Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over! Hydrating Gel Moisturizer, Olay Regenerist Luminous Collection, COVERGIRL TruMagic Collection, Gillette Venus & Olay Sugarberry Razor
Lids come to life by taking the traditional smoky eye, reversing it (so all of the attention is on the lashline instead of the crease) and adding high shimmer on top. This is the antithesis of the cat-eye, with no structure but instant drama, making the eyes brilliantly piercing and sparkling.
USE: COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast Eyeliner (in Black Fire or Brown Blaze), COVERGIRL Queen Collection Shadow Pot and COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume Mascara
A nod to the Uptown Girl, this look is very put together with the lip lined, colored and glossed. This is a fun break from the matte lip, making it fresh and exciting!
USE: COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Passion, COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Beloved, COVERGIRL Queen Collection Lip Color in See Red, COVERGIRL ShineBlast Gloss in Glow and Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects
For Nina Dobrev‘s edgy look, celebrity hairstylist Riawna Capri created a “knothawk” that complimented her sexy black dress. Riawna explains how to get Nina’s style equation using KMS® California haircare:
Since Nina wore a bold black dress that comes a little up the neck, Riawna wanted to put her hair up in a sleek and sexy style to show off the dress. She created a mohawk containing about 100 knots that went from the back of her hair all the way to the top, with a little bit of texture.
In order to achieve this textured look, Riawna spritzed KMS® California HAIRPLAY Sea Salt Spray ($18.99) to give Nina’s hair the natural texture it got when she was swimming in the ocean in Australia where she just got back from this morning.
Then, to finish the look and keep Nina’s hair in place all night, Riawna sprayed KMS® California HAIRSTAY Maximum Hold Spray ($17.99).
For Kat Denning’s red carpet beauty, Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen created an elegant look that was all about lashes and lips. Bold berry lips complemented her red roses dress. Here’s how to get the look:
1. First, Lauren groomed Kat’s brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
2. Next, she used Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Blackout across the lash line.
3. For mega lashes, Lauren applied Ardell Fashion Lashes 122 and then painted on Avon Mega Effects Mascara.
4. Lauren gave Kat’s cheeks a fresh ginger glow by applying Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Coral Radiance to the apples.
5. To top off the look and make a big bold beauty statement, Lauren used Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Radiant Raisin on Kat’s lips.
mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg created Beth Behrs‘ sultry beauty look. Here’s how to get the look:
1. Prep the face with Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer and then apply mark’s Got The Goods Multi-Benefit Foundation Lotion SPF 15 all over.
2. Apply mark’s Super Conceal Full Coverage Concealer under the eyes, then sweep mark’s Touch and Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes across cheekbones.
3. Next, apply mark’s Please Hold Eye Primer all over the eyelid and apply mark’s On The Dot Smokey Color Compact in navy (bottom right shade) to the outer corners of the eye.
4. Line the top lash line with Avon’s SuperShock Gel Eye Liner Pencil in Blackout and the bottom lash line with mark’s No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Jet Set.
5. Finish the eyes with three layers of Ardell Natural Individual Lashes and two coats of bareMinerals Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara.
6. Complete the look with mark’s Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Coral Fixation.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
So, what were your favorite beauty and hair looks from the night? Are you feeling these new trends?
Let us know by commenting below (you might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Theresa Romano, Managing Editor
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.