17 Jun Supersmile: Dr. Irwin Smigel, Father of Aesthetic Dentistry Shows You the Way, Plus a Fab Giveaway
Lights, Camera, Action, Smile!
You know how the saying goes — you’re never fully dressed without a smile. As Americans eat more candy, drink gallons of soda and consume more carbs that Atkins would have cared to see, the impact is not only on our waistlines. It’s on our pretty, gorgeous pearly whites.
Ever since childhood, we’ve been advised to take care of them. Brush them twice a day (at least), floss regularly and pour a decent supply of Listerine and swirl it around your mouth.
We caught up with the creator of a toothpaste we’ve recently been coveting like the lotto: Supersmile’s creator, Dr. Irwin Smigel, is the father of aesthetic denistry. This pioneer really knows and understands teeth tooth staining to non surgical tooth lifts. He is the founder and current president of the American Society for Dental Aesthetics, and the inventor of the Supersmile Whitening System.
What does the “Supersmile” system consist of?
1. The Professional Whitening Oral Rinse: this is a rinse that preps the teeth for whitening and it cleans them like a Roomba. It does not contain alcohol and comes in two sizes: an 8 oz bottle retails for $9.
2. Supersmile Oral Rinse: I used this as indicated before I brushed my teeth with the Supersmile Whitening System. The flavor was icy cool and not harsh like Listerine.
3. The Whitening Accelerator and Whitening Toothpaste: These are formulated with CALPROX, which is a proprietary form of calcium peroxide that dissolves the protein pellicle on teeth. This is what substances like plaque, stains and bacteria adhere to.
I have to say that since using both the Accelerator and Toothpaste for a week now, I’ve noticed that my teeth are at least two shades whiter. The system retails for $21 for a 4.2 oz tube.
4. The 45 degree Ergonomic Toothbrush: this is a clear lucite brush that really has soft, nylon bristles that give you that coveted 45 degree angle brush. There are four colors: white, pink, green and blue. When I used the brush, I was impressed with its no nonsense, strong bristle system (most other bristles bend and give up before even reaching your gumline).
This brush also stands on its own. $9.
5. The Supersmile Whitening Floss: This has CALPROX and is wax free. It also contains baking soda. The unwaxed formulate reduces chances of splitting between tight teeth.
100 yards for $7.
6. The Clinically Formulated Oral Rinse: This is a post treatment rinse that helps you get fresher breath while it cleans the teeth. It is sugar free and contains less than 3% alcohol.
I cannot emphasize how much my breath has improved since using this product and the complete system. (it’s been like Extreme Makeover, the Teeth Edition). Everyone needs to get the Supersmile system pronto — after having tried so many products, it’s great to find a system that really and truly works.
The Rinse retails for $14 for a 16 oz bottle.
All products can be purchased at www.supersmile.com and at Dillards, CO Bigelow, Ulta, Blue Mercury, Bath & Body Works, beauty.com, skinstore.com and dermstore.com.
For our beloved readers, we are giving away FIVE SETS of the Whitening Dental Floss, Supersmile Rinse, and the Supersmile Quickee (no brush no rinse Whitening and breath freshener).
What do you have to do to win? Simply enter a comment below to tell us about your beauty oral care routine. It’s THAT simple!
Winners will be picked within a week.
– Charu Suri
Samples were provided for Editorial Consideration