Skincare Review, New Ingredients: Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream
This is a new product (launched January 2013) and Clinique claims that it is “uniquely designed to help repair the visible signs of aging around the entire eye area.” According to Dr. David Orentreich, Clinique’s guiding dermatologist,
“Repetitive facial movements, such as smiling and squinting, cause skin to constantly fold and crease leading to what is known as a ‘dynamic wrinkle.’ As we continue to age, skin can begin to sag, causing these wrinkles to become even more pronounced.”
Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream ($43.50) is designed to address these dynamic wrinkles and here is how it works: First, it repairs UV damage and protects against environmental aggressors. Years of UV exposure can also directly damage cellular DNA causing a breakdown of natural collagen and elastin — that’s when those pesky lines and wrinkles begin to form. Clinique claims this new de-aging eye cream will help visibly reverse the effects of past UV damage because of these key ingredients:
• Encapsulated Micrococcus Lysate (Ultrasomes found in the powerful serum) — an extract of powerful enzymes that come from the organism Micrococcus Luteus, one of the most UV-resistant organisms known to science. It works over time to gradually help repair the appearance of skin damage resulting from direct UV exposure — the leading cause of premature aging.
• Rosemary Leaf Extract — strengthens skin’s protective barrier from environment aggressors and stimulates natural collagen synthesis without irritation.
• Cucumber/Barley/Sunflower Extract — these extracts mimic skin’s lipid membrane to help build the skin’s barrier repair function.
• Trehalose — a sugar derived ingredient that stabilizes the structure of the skin lipid system, which maximizes skin’s natural ability to attract moisture from the environment.
• Vitamin C and E — antioxidants to help fight free radicals from environmental aggressors to prevent future damage.
Clinique also promises that within twelve weeks, the cream will visibly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and overall texture. That means bye-bye to crow’s feet, crepey eyelids and under eye cross hatching — the thin lines that cross over and intersect one another under the eye. Here’s what it contains to work that magic:
• Purified Whey Protein – new to Clinique, this upgraded form of whey protein is a natural, high-quality polypeptide, rich in amino acids that help rebuild the skin to provide a better support structure.
• Xylinum Black Tea Ferment — improves skin density to help minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles and smooth under eye cross hatching.
• Chlorella Vulgaris, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract – work together to stimulate natural collagen and elastin production to help plump the skin and strengthen its ability to bounce back. Skin is more resilient; looks and feels smoother, firmer.
I used this cream not for the full twelve weeks, but only for four. During that time, I found it to be a fine product — light enough to function as a base under concealer and eye makeup; rich enough for use at night — I felt most pampered.
And like most Clinique products, it is allergy-tested and 100% fragrance-free. I cannot, however, say I saw any change in the wrinkle/line department — alas! Perhaps I need the full twelve weeks of use to see the improvement.
But if you go to www.clinique.com you can see before and after pictures and judge for yourself. To be honest, I did not see an appreciable improvement, even in the very photos Clinique is posting to promote the product. Bottom line: a good, solid cream but you may need to use it for the full 12 weeks before noticing significant results.
What do you lovely ladies think of this new eye cream from Clinique? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
- Yona McDonough
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.
BeautyStat frequently receives products for review but its opinions and reviews are completely unbiased and not sponsored. Should there ever be a sponsored post, we will ensure that this is displayed clearly in the post heading. Samples are certainly welcome for consideration but do not guarantee reviews.