GIVEAWAY: Review, Photos: Wrinkle Prevention Pillow from About Face – Prevents Wrinkles and Puffiness
Before we even discuss how the Wrinkle Prevention Pillow works, can we take a minute to talk about how it looks? Because it’s flat out adorable: shiny pink satin, shaped like a bow; it looks like it was filched from the set of a 1930s MGM musical (Note: other colors are available — the website features the same pillow in a rich, jewel-purple; chocolate brown; ivory and dusty rose color). I can see Jean Harlow or Ginger Rogers with one — or more! — of these in their boudoir.
Okay, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s turn to its claims and performance. According to its creator, Patty Colman, the Wrinkle Prevention Pillow “combines the comfort of sleeping on a luxurious memory foam pillow AND is ergonomically designed to be extremely comfortable. The pillow lifts and cradles your face so you do not develop permanent sleep lines and wrinkles on your face, neck and chest while you sleep.” Additionally, the benefits are outlined as:
• Preventing eye puffiness. The Wrinkle Prevention Pillow slightly elevates your head. When you lie flat, fluids pool underneath the eyes to create that hated puffiness.
• Keeping night creams and serums on your skin, where they belong, and not on your pillow.
• Extends the benefits and results of cosmetic procedures or treatments, as you are not putting pressure on your face.
• Excellent support for post surgery recovery by helping to keep your face elevated and movement limited.
• The pillowcases are incredibly silky and soft, which will protect the style and texture of your hair.
• Helps with acne and all around skin health. When you sleep with your face pressed into a pillow, your face is constantly exposed to the oils and creams that have rubbed into the pillow.
I used the pillow for several nights, tying it onto the down pillow I ordinarily use. It was very comfortable, and the depression in the center provided a little cradle for my head. Because I normally sleep on my back, I can’t speak to the claims of wrinkle prevention. But I will say that I generally wake up with puffy eyes and noticed a marked difference after using the pillow.
My eyes looked much more refreshed and energized in the a.m. Puffiness was at an all time low — reason enough to keep using this forever. And the cradle effect did prevent my face from touching the pillow, so my night creams did indeed stay put. Since I have short hair, I did not notice any change in my hair. I’m long past acne and have not had any cosmetic treatments or procedures. Marking this purely as a tool to reduce undereye puffiness, this pillow is a winner! I’m keeping mine and will buy one for a friend next Christmas.
The Wrinkle Prevention Pillow is available online at www.wrinklepreventionpillow.com and at upscale spas, beauty stores and salons. The cost is $99.00 for the pillow and $28.95 for the satin pillow case. Sweet dreams!
- Yona McDonough
>>>>>>>>> WINNER ALERT: CONGRATULATIONS TO DIANA DEVLIN!!!!
GIVEAWAY: We are giving away ONE pillow and satin pillowcase (over $125 value) to ONE lucky fan. To enter, all you have to do is Invite your friends to give us a LIKE on Facebook by clicking ….>HERE! AND leave a comment below telling us WHAT night cream you’ve been using lately. Good luck! (US only please).
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.
BeautyStat frequently receives products for review but its opinions and reviews are completely unbiased and not sponsored. Should there ever be a sponsored post, we will ensure that this is displayed clearly in the post heading. Samples are certainly welcome for consideration but do not guarantee reviews.