Review, Ingredients, Cosmetic Chemist Assessment: Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask – How It Works
If you are follower of my articles, then you will know I love nighttime products that help you look better upon rising in the morning! Case in point: Bliss That’s Incredi-‘peel’! Spa-Resurfacing Glycolic Resurfacing Pads, Dr. Perricone Blue Plasma, Skinn Cosmetics Lip 6X Amplifying Lip Gloss, Jouer and Aerin Lip Conditioners, etc. This is another wonderful product to add to my regimen!
Last night, I put on this wonderfully hydrating Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask ($32.00) and woke up with soft and smooth skin. All you have to do is cleanse your face in the A.M. — and that is easy and practical for my regimen. I have two kids and two jobs, so my morning routine is not one to take more than 30 minutes, with a daytime look of cosmetics on my face included.
Here’s a look at some of the beneficial ingredients found in this overnight mask:
• Activated (-/+) Water/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water – this specially charged water improves the duration and extent to which skin is hydrated while providing soothing and calming benefits.
• Trehalose and Sorbitol – these sugars work in harmony to prevent dehydration and osmotic shock from changes in the environment.
• Sodium Hyaluronate – provides skin with an instant burst of moisture imparting a natural, dewy look to the skin. This important polymer is able to hold large amounts of water within the skin so it is left feeling plumped, smooth and comfortable.
Barrier Repair & Strength is achieved through a combination of key ingredients that restore lipids and promote long-term moisturization of the skin:
• Murumuru Seed Butter/Wheat Brand Extract/Olive Extract – repair and strengthen the skin barrier by replenishing lipids.
• Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Pomegranate Sterols - skin benefits from immediate and long term moisturization through a powerful combination of plant derived emollients.
Calming & Soothing ingredients help to quell irritation from external aggressors:
• Combination of Algae Extracts – this blend of red algae extracts calms irritation and protects against environmental aggressors.
• Caffeine/Sucrose – soothes and calms skin.
• Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract – found on the Japanese island of Okinawa, this seaweed-derived ingredient is known as an effective anti-irritant and soothing agent.
• Bisabolol – this anti-inflammatory agent eases upset skin.
• Blend of anti-oxidants – skin is equipped to combat harmful free radicals and is protected from everyday exposure to environmental pollutants, irritants and external aggressors through this potent blend of anti-oxidants.
Cosmetic Chemist Assessment:
This formula contains a cocktail of emollients, hydrators and anti-inflammatory ingredients that should be very effective at improving skin’s moisture, both immediately as well as overnight. – Ron Robinson, cosmetic chemist
This mask is a creamy, oil-free facial mask that helps your skin absorb it’s formula while sleeping. It helps to not only replenish what moisture has already been lost during the day, but it also nourishes the skin to stay hydrated all night long. It’s okay to use it nightly as well, and all you do is apply it after your face is cleansed and massage it into your skin until it’s fully absorbed (I waited 60 seconds).
Oh, how I love DIY facials, masks, lip plumpers, etc! Overnight products that help your appearance when you awake score an 11 out of 10 with me!
Will any of you lovely ladies be trying this overnight mask? Do you like applying skincare products that are meant to work while you sleep? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
- Nicole Gordon Levine
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.
BeautyStat frequently receives products for review but its opinions and reviews are completely unbiased and not sponsored. Should there ever be a sponsored post, we will ensure that this is displayed clearly in the post heading. Samples are certainly welcome for consideration but do not guarantee reviews.