Hairstyle How To: Recreate Kim Kardashian’s Grammy Award 2011 Curls at Home
As much as we all dream about it, realistically we’re probably never going to get the chance to go to one of Hollywood’s major award shows. But just because we might never take home an Oscar, a Grammy, or a Golden Globe, doesn’t mean we can’t have a little award show fun as well!
Like any other self-respecting beauty/fashion fanatics, our primary motivation in watching these shows is, of course, the Red Carpet! And you could say that watching these beautiful starlets strut their stuff and lusting after their immaculate beauty has become a bit of a hobby for all of us at BeautyStat.
Now that award season is over and we’re experiencing a bit of Red Carpet withdrawal, BeautyStat wanted to give our Red Carpet crazy readers a little present. We partnered with Boston’s prestigious Newbury St. Salon, Salon Mario Russo, to recreate some of this award season’s hottest looks.
Expert stylist, Sal Malafronte, worked his magic to recreate the Red Carpet looks we all lusted after, and we’ve got the step-by-step instructions for all of them, lovelies. That’s right, you, too, can now have award-ready hair now. Get going ladies, the Red Carpet waits for no one, even the most fantastic.
The Star: Kim Kardashian
The Look: Come-hither curls
The Products: Shu Uemura’s Kaze Wave and Sheer Lacquer Finishing Spray; 1.5-inch barrel curling iron
When we saw Kim’s seductive, luscious curls from the Grammy’s we were seriously wishing we had longer locks. The way her hair fell on her shoulders and the shape of the curl was flawless, and we just had to know how to create the look.
Here are Sal’s step-by-step tips for getting Kim’s come-hither curls!
Expert tip: Start with day-old hair for best results
- Use volumizing mousse in damp hair and blow dry hair straight (try Kaze Wave by Shu Uemura).
- Use a large 1.5-inch barrel curling iron for curls, starting with 1-2 inch horizontal sections in the back, and 1-2 inch vertical sections along the side. (Always start with underneath layers and move up).
- Hold end of hair clamp in iron at root, wrap hair underneath and around while turning iron away from scalp at same time.
- Spray each section of hair with Shu Uemura’s Sheer Lacquer Finishing Spray while wrapped around barrel.
- Hold until hair feels warm then pull iron out and twirl section to let it drop naturally.
- Spray again when done.
- Comb fingers gently through hair to separate the curls and create a natural look.
And voila, this is the finished look you can get right at home: how easy is that?
Photo taken at Salon Mario Russo
Are you a curly hair type of gal? Would you recreate this look at home? Tell us why or why not!
And check out our post on the Best of Spring/Summer 2011 Hairstyles.
- Chrissy Callahan
If you like this post, give it a LIKE on Facebook and share it with your friends
BeautyStat frequently receives products for review but its opinions and reviews are completely unbiased and not sponsored. Should there ever be a sponsored post, we will ensure that this is displayed clearly in the post heading. Samples are certainly welcome for consideration but do not guarantee reviews.