Preview, Photos, Ingredients: Salon Series By Ouidad – New Curly Hair Products, Treatments
Ah, Beautystat’s resident ‘Curl Gurl’ with HAIR TO SHARE is all smiles for miles again! This morning, I had the pleasure of being invited to an exclusive product launch breakfast at Sephora — before the store even opened to the public! I must say that’s one way to make me smile before my cup of coffee: beauty products and new hair goodies!
This review will be a very special two part series: part one will be the unveiling of Ouidad’s three new products and part two will be my usual product test and review (we all love that, don’t we?). With that said, let’s talk about the amazing new line!
Ouidad’s introduces a collection of innovative treatments (yes, not styling) which offer products that work to treat the health of both hair and scalp at home! Curl Queen Ouidad herself personally formulated each treatment, blended by hand for years at her flagship salon. All three treatments are formulated without silicones, sulfates, parabens or waxes. The Salon Series line works with all types of hair including curls, different textures and styles. Salon Series by Ouidad combines advanced technology with naturally derived ingredients, not to mention high quality ingredients like macroloba and bay leaf oil. Ouidad salon staff, Pat and Serena, were on hand to answer questions, as well as provide product testing. Ouidad’s new Salon Series line is sold exclusively at Sephora stores or Sephora.com. My motto is “Hair health is wealth!” So, these products will definitely be in my collection!
Salon Series Collection:
Omega-3 Replenishing Hair Treatment – $36.00 for 6 fl. oz.
“Provides Hydration & Superior Shine to Rejuvenate Hair”
• A potent blend of Omega fatty acids (Omega-3, 6 and 9) which help to restore the natural lipid barrier of the hair and
fortifies its protective surface layer.
• In addition to the Omega fatty acids, there is a proprietary amino acid cocktail of flax seed oil, Passion Fruit Seed Oil
and Acai Pulp Oil to re-hydrate the hair shaft and replenish lost moisture.
• Certified organic Macroloba Oil, harvested from the Amazon rainforest, promotes softness and shine as it conditions
and repairs the hair.
• Ideal for dry, damaged and tired looking hair. This formula delivers increased radiance, shine and softness, nourished
hair shaft and healthy hydrated tresses.
How to use: As a replenishing treatment: Apply liberally to wet hair from root to tip, you comb product through to evenly
distribute and leave on 2-5 minutes. As an extensive treatment: apply heat via diffuser attachment for 2-5 minutes. Rinse
and shampoo to remove excess treatment. Best if used 3 times a week.
Mediterranean Bay Leaf Exfoliating Hair and Scalp Treatment – $36.00 for 6 fl. oz.
“Helps Promote Healthy Hair Growth”
• A complex of Bay Leaf Oil and rich, natural actives inspires healthier hair growth by clearing the scalp and follicles of
build-up, soothing and improving the condition of the scalp and aiding in the delivery of nutrients to hair roots.
• Natural AHA complex of Sugar Cane, Lemon and Apple Extracts for gentle enzymatic exfoliation of the scalp.
• Fennel Seed Extract to increase microcirculation and oxygen flow to the hair root for deeper absorption of the
nurturing Bay Leaf Oil
• As the hair and scalp are cleansed of build-up and residue, hair growth is healthier and scalp feels fresh and hydrated.
• Ideal also for an oily or dry scalp with excessive product build up.
How to use: To damp, freshly shampooed hair, apply an adequate amount to cover the scalp. Massage gently over entire scalp for 1-3 minutes. Rinse out and follow with a conditioner for additional moisture. For oily and dry scalps: use every
other day. To rid scalp of product build-up: use 2-3 times weekly.
Biotin Lightweight Replenishing Reparative Hair Serum - $42.00 for 2 oz
• A deep penetrating technology enhances the deposit of healthy hair growth actives, including Biotin, down to the follicle to facilitate the absorption of nutrients and speed repair to damaged hair.
• This potent serum is infused with Biotin and a rich vitamin cocktail (B3, B5, B6, C and E) to strengthen hair while
• Silk amino acids moisturize for instantly softer, silkier hair.
• Ideal for weak, brittle, over-processed hair and loss of volume, this reparative hair serum results in stronger, healthier,
fuller hair and improved hair growth.
How to use: Apply directly on scalp nightly. Massage gently on scalp until thoroughly covered. Apply additional serum to areas of concern. Leave in overnight. To strengthen hair shaft, add 2 drops to palms and work through hair. For even better results, first exfoliate with Mediterranean Bay Leaf Exfoliating Hair & Scalp Treatment.
Can’t wait for Evelyn to review these wonderful new products from Ouidad? Neither can we! Have any of you tried these products yet? Do they work? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
- Evelyn Lugo
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.
BeautyStat frequently receives products for review but its opinions and reviews are completely unbiased and not sponsored. Should there ever be a sponsored post, we will ensure that this is displayed clearly in the post heading. Samples are certainly welcome for consideration but do not guarantee reviews.