Photos, Spring/Summer 2013 Hairstyle Trend: How To Get An Updo For Long, Textured Or Straight Hair
New York Fashion Week wouldn’t be complete without seeing what Vera Wang had to offer for her Spring/Summer ’13 Collection. The models’ hair look at this season’s show was created by Paul Hanlon, lead hairstylist for Frédéric Fekkai. Hanlon created a very dry, fabric-like texture to build a turban inspired updo for the Vera Wang show this season. The style is a poetic take on weathered hair. Read on to learn how to create this simple yet sophisticatedly edgy updo at home following these 5 easy-to-follow steps using all Frédéric Fekkai hair products.
How To Get The Look:
1. Prep the hair by heavily applying Fekkai Strong Hold Volume Mousse ($25.00) throughout the hair. Power dry the hair until it is completely dry and then brush it out. Starting at the back of the head and take a section of the hair and backcomb it from the roots to ends.
2. Spray the section with Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray ($23.00) then run a straightening iron through it and brush through. Repeat this process section by section over the entire head.
3. Flip your hair forward and lightly brush it from the nape of your neck to the ends. While the hair is still flipped, split it into two sections. Cross the two sections of hair over each other at the front of the head.
4. Put your head upright and and wrap the sections around your head, pinning them down as you wrap. The pins can be roughly placed with your hands in various places to give it a raw/savage look.
5. Once the hair is pinned around, go through and pull some pieces towards the back of the head and down. Finish the look by pulling a few strands out towards the back with your hands and spray thoroughly with Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray.
So, what do you lovely ladies think of this savage-meets-sophistication inspired updo seen at the Vera Wang Spring/Summer ’13 Collection show? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.
BeautyStat frequently receives products for review but its opinions and reviews are completely unbiased and not sponsored. Should there ever be a sponsored post, we will ensure that this is displayed clearly in the post heading. Samples are certainly welcome for consideration but do not guarantee reviews.