Best Tips: How To Touch Up / Get Rid Of Gray Roots! Before/After Photos – Easy, At-Home Treatment Recipes For Shiny, Brass-Free Hair
The last thing we want to worry about are a few gray hairs poking out of our festive, holiday hairstyles. So, BeautyStat got in touch with Clairol Professional celebrity colorist Kiyah Wright and celebrity colorist and owner of Canale Salon in Beverly Hills, Michael Canalé to give us some pointers on how to keep those gray hairs at bay. Read on to find out some of Canalé’s secret, at-home recipes to get your hair looking healthy, less dull and add some glossy highlights by using a few ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen!
Clairol Professional celebrity colorist (and stylist) Kiyah Wright colors and coifs celebrities such as Jennifer Hudson, Ciara, Kerry Washington and Gabrielle Union. Here she reveals her favorite anti-gray hair tips to keep your hair looking healthy and young!
1. Clairol Professional’s liquicolor permanente Gray Busters ($4.00) NN shades are excellent for gray coverage. If you are a dark brunette, with a lot of gray, you should most likely use 4NN or 3NN. If you are a medium brown, go with 6NN or 7NN, and if you are a light color you are most likely 8NN or higher.
2. The more grays you get throughout the years, the more likely it is that you will have to change your color level.
3. To refresh your color, use hydrogen peroxide with your shampoo to take away the yellow tinge. Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights ($7.99) is also a great refreshing shampoo to brighten the gray.
Michael Canalé‘s Anti-Gray Tips:
1. I prefer semi-permanent, at-home color treatments for coverage of grays without altering the base. This is great for women who want to stay natural, and men who want to cover grays as well.
2. For at-home conditioning treatments, I love hot oil treatments. Two tablespoons of hot oil, one tablespoon coconut oil and one tablespoon of a conditioning mask. Apply to damp, toweled-dried hair. Put a plastic cap over hair and put a hot towel over the cap for fifteen to twenty minutes and enjoy! Rinse thoroughly once complete.
Celebrity colorist Michael Canalé (colorist to Jennifer Aniston, Heidi Klum, etc.) has a few easy, at-home hair recipes to revitalize your hair this winter season. Take the guesswork out of at-home hair repair. Follow his tips below to repair damage, replenish nourishment and add shine to your style.
Post Summer Super Restorative Treatment
3 Tbsp Mayo
1 Tbsp Ripe Mashed Avocado
1 Tsp Aloe Vera
Instructions: Mix ingredients together. Work through all of hair, focusing on the ends. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse well. Cleanse with a moisturizing shampoo and style as desired.
Sun-kissed Hair Cocktail (to remove brassiness and brighten dull hair)
1 Cup Seltzer Water
1/2 Cup Vodka
Instructions: Stir up ingredients. Drench hair from roots to ends and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse well, wash with a color-safe shampoo and style!
Golden Glow Hair Cocktail (to add rich, golden tones to hair)
1 Cup Seltzer Water
1/2 Cup Dark Rum
Instructions: Stir up ingredients. Drench hair from roots to ends and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse well, shampoo and style!
What do you ladies think of these at-home hair recipes? Do you have any gray hair concerns? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.
BeautyStat frequently receives products for review but its opinions and reviews are completely unbiased and not sponsored. Should there ever be a sponsored post, we will ensure that this is displayed clearly in the post heading. Samples are certainly welcome for consideration but do not guarantee reviews.