We can’t leave for Thanksgiving break without recapping the hottest makeup and hair looks from a music award show! Hold up before you embark on a tryptophan food coma and wind up elbow deep in stuffing and pecan pie. We’ve got the scoop on all the makeup and hair secrets from the 2014 American Music Awards! Let’s take a look at some of our favorite looks from the night — burgundy matte lips, anyone? We’re looking at you, Kylie Jenner. We’re sensing a trend of nude lips, luminous skin and effortless, natural hairstyles with a twist. Read on!
Kylie Jenner (above) stunned with a bold and dramatic eye look and signature pout created by her go-to makeup artist, Rob Scheppy. 1. Scheppy created her lush lashes using Eyeko Lash Wardrobe, which “enhanced her already gorgeous eyes and stood out against the matte look,” Rob Scheppy for Eyeko explains. 2. He then contoured the eyelid using Eyeko Me and My Shadow in Chocolate along the crease and blended it in using a dual-sided brush.
3. He curled the lashes using Eyeko Lash Curler, then applied a thin layer of Eyeko Black Magic Mascara onto lashes to prep. 4. A full row of the corner lashes from both sets of Eyeko Lash Wardrobe were applied in layers for a bold, dramatic look. 5. To complete the eye, Eyeko Brow Liner and Brow Gel enhanced the natural brow color, which framed the bold, sultry eye. 6. And for those lips: M.A.C Lip Pencil in Burgundy topped with Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip.
For Kendall, she opted for bronzed skin, silver eyes with plenty of lashes and a semi-glossy nude lip. She’s looking more and more like her mother every day.
Looks like the topknot isn’t going anywhere! Instead of the usual throw-it-all-up-and-pray-it-stays-up gym hairstyle, Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist took a different approach by concentrating on the details — an undercut found at the back of her head. To re-create at home, Balding suggests to 1. Start by blow-drying your hairline up and back to really help get it smooth and sleek. 2. Use a sleek balm through the roots to tame and smooth the flyways. Cutler Flyaway Stick is the perfect product for this, as the more you use the more it will hold and create sheen.
3. Sweep into a really high ponytail that sits right on top of the crown. 4. Use a straightening iron on the ponytail to create a super-sleek finish. 5. Mist each section first with a strong hold hairspray that won’t flake and delivers shine; Redken Control Addict 28 is perfect for this! 6. Wrap around the base of the ponytail, section by section, until the last section of hair; leave about 2″ of hair out to create Rita‘s topknot. 7. Finish by misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to achieve exceptional shine.
Looking more demure than usual (and a dead ringer for Gwyneth Paltrow for some reason!), Iggy Azalea kept it natural with contoured cheeks, glossy nude lips and smoky brown eyes.
How gorgeous did Dianna Agron’s skin look last night? Her smoky eyes were set against a hydrated complexion, thanks to Kiehl’s. The brand’s latest Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate was used first to hydrate the skin for the extent of the night, followed by Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration. Before any touch of makeup was applied, Kiehls Micro-Blur Skin Perfector gave Dianna’s skin a soft-focus effect. Kiehl’s Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream in Light evened out her skintone with a light dusting of La Mer The Powder on top.
Her smoky eyes were creating with Chanel Illusion D’ombre in Diapason and Fantasme on the lid, blending it up into the crease and under the eye. Tarte Deep Amethyst Pencil was used on the inner rim, along with two layers of YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in Black. A light contour was created with NARS Blush in Madly, while lips were left supple with Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 first, then Jouer Lip Shine in Maui.
Becky G’s American Music Awards look was inspired by her recent Can’t Stop Dancin’ music video. To re-create the same beauty look, Becky’s makeup artist Tonya used brand-new COVERGIRL products to prep her for the performance and show.
Tonya achieved Becky’s glowy skin at the AMAs by using COVERGIRL’s truBLEND Liquid Makeup. She then brightened up Becky’s under eye area using COVERGIRL truBLEND Fixstick Concealer. Finally, she used COVERGIRL’s truBLEND Loose Powder Bronzer by lightly buffing the bronzer using a powder brush along Becky’s temples, cheek bones and jawline.
Tonya used the NEW! COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Premium Eyeshdow Quads in Notice Me Nudes. Once the shadows were applied, Tonya added a thick black winged-out liner using the NEW! COVERGIRL Bombshell Pow-der Brow + Liner. To complement Becky‘s nude eye look, Tonya created a soft fan of voluminous lashes using the NEW! COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara.
The last step in creating Becky‘s look was adding the bold lip. She used NEW! COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Enchantress Blush to add a bright pop of pink. Then, she added NEW! COVERGIRL Lip Lava in Look it’s Lava! All of the brand new COVERGIRL products mentioned will be available for purchase in stores this coming December!
Kiehl’s was responsible for Taylor Schilling’s stunning skin-focused look at the AMAs, courtesy of her artist Georgie Eisdell. 1. Taylor‘s skin was prepped with Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate, and then moisturized with Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration and Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado for her eyes. 2. Kiehl’s Micro-Blur Skin Perfector was used before her skin was evened out with Kiehl’s Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream in Fair/ Light.
3. Eyes were brightened with Dior SkinFlash and cheeks were given a healthy sheen with Chanel Cream Blush in Revelation with a touch of Chanel Illuminating Powder on top.
4. Taylor‘s already amazing brows were enhanced with Laura Mercier Brow Definer in Soft. 5. Taylor’s eyes were left bare with just a wash of translucent powder to even out the area. 6. Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in Deeper was used along the lash line very finely and slightly extended for a cat-eye effect. 7. Kevin Aucoin’s Essential Mascara finished the eye look, with a layer of Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 on the lips and Jouer Lip Shine in Ibiza.
Fergie kicked off the AMAs red carpet wearing a jaw-dropping black Halston Heritage dress and long, loose waves. Fergie made her worldwide television debut performing her first single, since 2006, “L.A. LOVE (la la),” from her upcoming album.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Keratin Restore Mask, which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair. 2. Prime damp hair by applying 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and distribute evenly throughout hair. 3. Blow-dry using a medium-size round brush to create volume at the roots.
4. Wrap 2-3” sections of hair around 1 1/2 inch ceramic curling iron to create long, loose waves. 5. Lightly back-comb hair at the roots and brush through waves with a wide-tooth comb. 6. Create a side part and tuck the hair (on the side closest to the part) behind the ear. 7. Lightly mist hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to prevent flyaways. 8. Finish the look by spraying hair with Wella Professionals Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray, leaving it smooth, shiny and red carpet-ready!
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Who do you think had the best look of the night? Which trends are you crushing over?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Theresa Romano, Managing Editor | Follow Theresa on Twitter & Instagram @there_esa
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.